It SNOWED today! For most people, this is bad news. Snow means wearing coats, walking to school in wet shoes, and just plain being cold. I, on the other hand, adore snow. Snow was exactly what I needed today. I've been feeling depressed lately--turns out, snow is the perfect cure. So, in honor of this tender mercy, I give you:
25+1 reasons to like snow
- the way snow muffles all the sounds
- making snowmen (or snow dinosaurs)
- dying the snow colors with food coloring
- snow angels
- snowball fights
- sliding down hills
- everything is white and clean (for a while at least)
- contemplative atmosphere
- eating snow
- catching snowflakes on your tongue
- scarves and hats
- hot chocolate (not just for breakfast anymore)
- cold people + warm blankets = cuddling!
- Christmas songs (or at least I feel less guilty about singing them)
- Christmas lights reflecting off the white sheets
- snow means my birthday is coming!
- the "thawing-out" feeling after coming in from the cold
- driving in newly fallen snow
- doing donuts in the parking lot
- watching the flakes melt in your hand
In other news, less than one week left until NaNoWriMo starts! Gah!