17 April 2007

Broken

I'm sitting at my house in Salt Lake today instead of at my apartment in Provo. Why, you ask? Well, because I'm broken.

On Saturday evening, I was at a ward activity at a park up the canyon and we were climbing some of those little eight-foot rock walls they have there. George was trying to help me get down, and I guess I just sort of lost my hand-holds. So I fell probably about six feet, which wouldn't have been a big problem if I hadn't landed mostly on my elbow.

After about six hours of waiting and four x-rays, I finally got to go home (with some fun pain medication!). Apparently the impact cracked the ball part of my upper humerus from the shaft part. They can't really put a cast on it since it's basically at my shoulder. I went in to the doctor yesterday for a CT scan and today I get to find out if I need surgery. Yay.

So if I blog less that usual, it's only because I'm trying to take finals, write essays, prepare a creative writing portfolio, and pack for England . . . with a broken arm.

This is not the way I intended to go.

Update: Yay, I don't need surgery, and I'm still going to be able to go to England! Hurrah! I just have to go to a British hospital half-way through the trip.

4 comments:

Eric Nielson said...

Sorry to hear about your fall. I hope you heal fast and well.

On another note, I tried to send you an email once, did you ever get it?

Anonymous said...

Ah, got to love the fun pain meds. Good times, good times.

So sorry to hear about your shoulder! I hope it heals up quick for your trip!

- Not Too Pensive

Cathryn said...

Oh, Liz! I'm so sorry! Hang in there. Best of luck--and have SO MUCH FUN in England since I probably won't see you between now and then.

Anonymous said...

Yuck. That sucks. Hope you heal quickly! John Bennion likes to bushwack a lot, I hear. Good luck!